Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tryouts For Mls Soccer Teams

The Buzz of the summer!

Hello everyone, this is the comeback, and therefore the return of my blog. And for starters, I'll tell you about my summer ... And pictures please!

As is my habit, summer was conducive to an internship. But this year I changed my target and am past the lizard viviparous insect pollinators and their plants. And not just where my friends in the 93 midst of urban wasteland.
Because you can imagine maybe not, but in the middle of the concrete is are sometimes well hidden, safe havens for wildlife and flora ... abandoned land, the future building site, garden theater disused urban wastelands are often unusual and completely unexpected in the urban landscape.

Here is a nice longhorn beetle on what I bet being a Cirsium arvense

Biodiversity has become a central topic, these brownfields have attracted the attention of ecologists and our systematists. How biodiversity is constructed? What are the relationships between species? What level of wealth hidden in these ecosystems?

Here we meet a hoverfly (Diptera) and a beetle

a time when we discover ecosystem services, services provided free by nature, such as pollination (35% of our food depends on plants pollinated by insects), water treatment, clean up the air, etc.. Ecosystem preservation becomes a priority, particularly in urban.

Here we have a beetle Rhagonycha fulva on ... bull pens?

Therefore, different teams of researchers interested in identifying the species living in the wastelands and understand their relationships with each other and their environments. How is this done? Well, in my team, focusing on pollinating insects / plants (laboratory Bioemco), we capture insects, collecting flowers, and we identified this little world with identification keys. Another method by a team of the Museum of Natural History in Paris, was taking pictures, according to a protocol specific property, and then sort and identify. And all the great pictures that I present in this subject arose from this project and taken by Nicolas Deguines, a researcher at the museum conservation laboratory species.

This is not a drone is a big hoverfly (a dipteran (fly what))!

The enormous advantage of the second method is that everyone can participate. Indeed, the process called Spipoll ( http://www.spipoll.org/ ) is accessible to all and throughout metropolitan France. Nature lovers and / or photographers, just follow the tutorial and you will bring invaluable to scientists trying to understand the relationships between insects and plants.

Another beautiful hoverfly on Matricaria perforata

Ultimately, this information base, demanding patience and thoroughness, will implement true methods to protect our environment and identify and take advantage of all the services that it brings.

Namely, you can already find the "honey concrete in the 93 stores!

And to conclude, I invite you to view this small selection of photos, which I find very beautiful and remind me of good memories of land!


Another little hoverfly (I put a lot, but that's because there are many in real life (what logic!) And because it very nice)

A beetle the sweet name of Byturide to small eyes

That FINALLY a hymnénoptère, and more specifically a Apidae (I was responsible for identifying all hymnénoptères caught). But this is not a Apis mellifera (honeybee) because you see that the radial cell of the wing does not extend to the apex ... Yes I did it for 1 month.
Sphegien It is a dark and absolutely beautiful in real life. A true hourglass! And I know some of you will say "but I never walk up to a creature like that!" but know that on a month to go bother these little beasts, I've never been bitten. Finally if ... But with nettles, brambles and other plants with pikes and there are MANY.
It is very nice too, is a leafcutter:)

go to show that students, not that it bah thatch on vacation, I'm at work:

Homo sapiens sapiens

0 comments:

Post a Comment