Monday, October 11, 2010

Polypectomy On Uterus

Blog Roger

I'm Roger Searle, a professor at Durham University in northern England. I studied mid-ocean ridges for 39 years, in particular wrinkles to slow expansion rate and ultra-slow. I have extensive experience in the use of side scan sonar to image the seabed, this led to better understanding the processes of the genesis of tectonic plates. For example, one can easily image the volcanoes of the ocean floor, which show where the magma comes - that is molten rock that forms when the snow began to fill the space between the plates separating. Also, we can image the high cliffs that form the location of major fractures created when the plates move apart. I am also interested in small variations in magnetic field, which records the expansion of the plates while the Earth's magnetic field reverses from time to time. This gives a measure of the rate of expansion, and allows us to measure, for example, the degree of asymmetry of the process. During the mission SmoothSeafloor I help Dan Sauter TOBI image processing. With Adrian also studying the magnetic data.

When I'm not working, I enjoy listening to music (classical and also some more modern things like Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, Queen ...) on the iPod, read books (now "French Suite" by Irene Nemirovsky, and after that a novel marine Patrick O ' Brian).

0 comments:

Post a Comment